Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Carly's Golden Star Birthday!

On this day, 22 years ago... a STAR was born... literally and figuratively... 
my youngest daughter, Carly Simone.  

This is her "STAR" birthday... for she is 22 on the 22nd! 
It also would have been my father's 80th Birthday!
They had so much fun sharing birthday cakes together...
he also shared his love of the theater with her,
and made her promise to never give up on her dream!

My dad told me I would deliver on his birthday, and although I wasn't due for another week,
just like her older sister, as if on cue, she listened to Director Grampa Bob, and came early...

We knew she would be "Carly" but couldn't think of a fitting middle name
to honor my husband's French Canadian heritage. 
My grandmother thought Bobbette would be fun - after dad (ugh).
My husband's mother wanted Cheri (meaning "my little love")... but nothing felt right.  
We weren't worried too much... names always work out... especially after you see your baby.  
Well she came in a blaze of glory - crash coursed her way into this world in less than three hours... 
full of dark hair... and a beautiful olive complexion...
(turned out to be jaundice, but who cares, she was TAN)...  
We cracked open our favorite almond champagne to celebrate her arrival,
staring at our French beauty, contemplating the fate of her middle name...
Hubby simply and quietly said, "Simone" - Perfect.   
Ten minutes went by before I made the connection.
Wait a minute - we can't name our daughter directly after Carly Simon!!  
He was giggling like he'd just pulled off America's Funniest Prank!
We decided if the nurses didn't "get it" and give us a bad time, then Simone was IT!  
They didn't, so we did...

She has been a joy... always smiling and laughing, with a flair for the dramatic.
She thought she WAS Annie!

She is artistic...

Loves animals...


Trusts her older sister unconditionally...

She is helpful...

Adventurous...

Definitely daddy's little girl...

She shares a passion of ballet with her grandmother...

Loves to dress up... another thing she and her Grandma GG share...

But her giggle... that is the best thing... she is still always smiling... always laughing...

And still trusts her older sister unconditionally... to lean on... to share secrets... 
and to capture her best photo!

Happy Birthday Sweetheart!
You are definitely a STAR - today and ALWAYS!

Woo Hoo - I made my first video - I might have another new addiction!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...