Friday, February 24, 2012

In the Arms of an Angel

Sometimes I need to be brought back to reality.  
With Dad's birthday this month... and Carly's... and the anniversary of his death... 
and IRS reports due for clients... and a fever invading my body... 
I already felt completely out of sorts.  
Then we found out that money owed us, has been misappropriated.
I felt angry and slighted... materialism was overtaking my need for a calm spirit... 
which is my goal in "Finding Deborahrah"... seeking the calm... feeling the calm... BEING calm...

I called my baby sister... just hearing her voice soothed me.
She helped me realized that I was getting a little crazed - brought me back to reality.
She reminded me to breathe and her best advice:  "Have a cup of tea!"

This calmed my soul... and I no longer care about money problems... 
the greed of others will 'KARMA-lize" them...KARMA-lize - isn't that a fun term!...  
But as for me and my house... we will seek peace and calm and happiness... 
and money can't bring that in the long run, can it?  
Oh, it can pay the bills and in that sense, bring calm... but in the long run...

A father's hug is another thing.  A father's hug brings ultimate calm.
As a little girl, it helped my boo boo's feel better.
As a teenager, it made me feel beautiful when teenage boys were cruel. 
As an adult, it reminded me that nothing else really matters...

Recently, a dear friend sent me a beautiful photo...
and with a little merging, it looks almost exactly like the one of my father and I
the last time I saw him... he was gone two months later.


When I close my eyes I can feel my father's arms around me... 
like I am in the Arms of an Angel... and nothing else matters.
If my earthly father's arms bring me such joy... well... I can't imagine the JOY TO COME!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...