Saturday, March 09, 2013

That Still Small Voice



One of my personal goals is to LISTEN TO THAT STILL SMALL VOICE...
You know the one I'm talking about - 
the one we so often ignore.
The one that told me to stop and help a lovely couple recently...



It's a 3-mile journey to our local Safeway.  It's a beautiful walk... but you have to go over a HUGE HILL...
That's where they were... at the top of the hill, resting on a rock.
The woman was leaning forward, head in hands...
her husband was rubbing her back.
I thought they were just taking a break as I passed, 
but within seconds, my NOT so "still small voice" screamed at me:
"TURN THE CAR AROUND!"
For once, I just obeyed, and turned the car around.
"Do you need some help?"
They SAID they were fine, but I offered them some water.
I always keep some in the car,  
because dehydration can creep up on you.

Then I surprised even myself, and offered them a ride.
They looked at each other... then looked at me and smiled.
For some reason, we just trusted each other... 

We chatted as we drove back their daughter's home.
They were visiting from Colorado, and just wanted to take a walk. 

With tears in our eyes, we said our good-byes, 
exchanging hugs and email addresses...
They called me a saint... 
but their guardian angels were easy to hear...
Thank goodness I was listening...

Be still... 
you will hear it...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...